Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Snowboards Attack!!

The other night, Rob and Bruce decided to whip out their snowboards to get them ready because I heard someone talk about snowboarding and skiing. Rob hadn't been out on the slopes at all this winter and he was fine-tuning and adjusting the bindings on Bruce's board.

I was pretty nervous about these strange boards. They placed them all over the dining/hall area and I didn't know where to hide. What were these things? Were they going to fall on me? It was a challenge just to be there. Mum said I had to mentally challenge myself to face new things all the time, that included scary snowboards. The humans just ignored me, and let me walk around at my own time.
Bruce and Rob fussed over the boards, and Mum wasn't cooing at me or baby-talking me. (As a matter of fact, Mum never baby-talks me because she expects me to hold myself together at all times). So there she was, snapping away being trigger happy with the camera, and I'm left to my own devices, figuring out that there is nothing too scary at all about snowboards.
After a while, I calmed down because no one was reinforcing my fear, and I even got bold enough to lay down next to a snowboard on the floor. This was really the first time in my life that I was laying down next to a snowboard. There were 4 of them all over the place.
I can safely say that I have mastered my uncertainty of snowboards.
Everyday brings a new lesson.
Everyday, there are new experiences to embrace.
Everyday, I am mentally challenged.
Life is good.
I hope I never stop learning, growing and evolving.

Even a dog has to learn new things, how about you?

Hugs,
Kimi

8 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Moco said...

We must learn new things every day. What purpose would life have if we never learned anything. You are one bright pup.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Your right Kimi. I am getting used to a new coat that the pinkies bought me. They put it on and left it on for a few hours. I've never had a coat before. It's good trying new things.

Noah x

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Good job, Kimi! I mastered walking by an orbital sander in motion yesterday! I was nervous but I did it!

Yer friend,
Mitch

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Princess Patches said...

Congrats on conquering your fear of the snowboards, Kimi! We knew you could do it! Have a pawsome weekend!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger The Airechicks said...

Kimi:

Did you go snowboarding ????

Fear doesn't stand a chance against brave dogs.....

Maybe sledding - did Mom pull you on the sled???

Wonderful pictures of you being so brave...

No babyspeak at our house either....

XXxxoXXoooXXoo

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Those are some kool snowboards! You should learn how to use them Kimi.

Belly jiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

I try to learn to be kinder to BabyRD every day, but it doesn't always work.he he. She steals my toys and treats,but she is really a BIG scardycat in other ways. WelshieHugs-Hootie

Hi Kimi.Hootie fibs.I still am a little jumpy around loud noises. Even some unloud noises, but the folks try to keep me calm.New things take me time. Hootie is afraid of nothing.Now that's just fool hardy! Airekisses,BabyRD

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Paz123 said...

Nice pics.!! Those snowboards are looking really fantastic. I love them..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home