Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Home Depot

Going to Home Depot is a very neat thing for me, cos I get to go into the store with Mum and Rob, and we find the things we need to work on the house or the property. There are rows and rows of strange things, and the place is huge. So many corners, and so many turns, and so many things to sniff and see.

I do get unsure sometimes when I am there. But I love having a sniff around.
Mum said she had to bring me out more often to stores and other errands, so that I don't forget to be social and well behaved in public. Now that I am a country-living dog, doesn't mean that I must act like a country bumpkin. I love going on tiny errands out and about, because it breaks the monotony of staying at home and the property.

All of a sudden, we bumped into Dean, he's our good friend. I was so happy to see him, I wagged my tail and rubbed myself in between his legs to show him how pleased I was. Then he got this plastic bag out, and I dropped my butt to the floor, thinking he was about to reward me with treaties, but nope, nothing came... he was showing Rob what he was getting. Shucks!
Outside, we checked out some sheds for storage and gardening.

Emmm... Mum, what am I doing here?

Mum said it was good to practice being in weird places, be it small confined sheds or large deserted parking lots. She said it was good to challenge myself to be in different situations and expose myself to different scents. I thought I had a fantastic day, hanging out in Tacoma.

Hugs,
Kimi

1 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! You get to go in Home Depot, Kimi? How come we can't? You are soooooooooooooo lucky!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home