Sunday, February 01, 2009

Playdate with Ruffian

I have a half brother who lives nearby from me in Poulsbo. Ruffian shares the same dam (Twinkle) as I do, and his sire is Paddy, while mine is Maxx. Ruff is 1 year older than I, and he looks very much like me, as you can just imagine our similarities, coming from the same dam. He is such a beautiful specimen of our breed, his human Mum has decided to show him. That's where my human mum and I come in. I get to come along whenever Mum needs to handstrip Ruff. This entry is about our playdate as he gets groomed.

I look on, while Ruff marks his territory.

Ruff and I get along very well. That's Ruff before he gets his saddle stripped out. Can you see how we look so alike? I can only see 1 difference, Ruff has a black drizzle of black on his muzzle while mine stays all tan. After our initial introduction and posturing, we got on to business and marked all the bushes and trees. Then we wrestled for a while and sniffed each other silly.


Exploring the bushes on his territory. Ruffian was very nice showing me where his favorite pee spots were.

Ruff also has more leg furnishings than I do. He has a beautiful straight back and a nice square body outline. A lot of people think I'm good enough to be shown because I'm structurally beautiful too, but my breeder said I wasn't ballsy enough. And my back isn't straight enough either. I'm just glad Mum isn't into the whole show ring thing. I think to be shown is a very stressful thing. Good luck Ruffian.

A closer pic of Ruff and me. See the black dash on his muzzle?
Ruff was more recently clipped than I so he looks better facially. I've got my winter ewok coat so my face looks very broad. After our 4th stage of handstripping, we will look almost identical. I can't wait to see how we both turn out.

At the end of the day, Ruffian had his saddle stripped out just like me. Very soon, we will look indistinguishable. The only tell tale sign will be his black drizzle on his muzzle. I will get to see Ruff again next Sunday. While he gets stripped by Mum, I get to exercise on his treadmill. Its great fun. I can't wait to visit Ruffian again.

Hugs,
Kimi

2 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Ruffian is a very handsome boy but so are you, Kimi! Now we know why you were wearing your coat in the later posting!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

I've never been stripped like that.Just regular hair cuts. What is the purpose of stripping? It looks like a really close cut. Ouch. I'd hate that. XX-(Miss) Baby Rocket Dog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home