Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunset Reflections

I wanted to take some time out to reflect on life. I've just turned 3, and I'm grateful to be considered the lucky few in the world, to be truly loved, appreciated, cared for, and to have all my needs fulfilled and more. I have so much to be thankful for, but I wish more for the world I live in.
There are many others in the world who are lonely. Hungry. Neglected. Abused. Forgotten. Exploited. Mistreated. Misunderstood. Discarded. Beaten. Unloved. Unwanted.

Some humans think they know everything. Ignorance combined with arrogance is a deadly mix of human characteristics. It starts wars, causes fights, misery and a lot of pain. Humans hurt each other all the time, for silly reasons. Well, we dogs have fights too, but most of the time, we just want to intimidate and dominate by show of the teeth and the standing hair on our backs. We don't normally fight to the death. But humans have the capacity to hurt all other species on Earth, not just each other. Yet, other humans have such great capacity for love, nurturing, altruism, and selflessness. I've known humans who do Airedale Rescue selflessly. They have such big hearts and wonderful attitudes. The world needs more people who love.
I love.
I kiss.
I wag.
I listen.
I stay close.
I always return.
My pack is my everything.

Hugs,
Kimi

3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rae said...

what a thoughtful post. sophie sends you kisses and rae is sending you hugs for a happy third birthday! (wasn't it back in November?)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kimi Wagner said...

Hi Rae, yes my birthday was last year's Nov, on Thanksgiving day. Thank you for your kisses and hugs. I miss Sophie too.

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Well said, Kimi!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home