Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Joemma Beach

It was truly amazing for us up here in the Northwest to have beautiful sunshine in winter. Yes, we had snow on the ground, and snow all over the place, but the sun was practically shining the whole 2 days since the snowfall. I told Mum there was no way I could just stay home, I had to get my fuzzy butt dirty!!
So off to the beach we went.

It was freezing cold, but the sun shining made the trip worth it. No one else was on Joemma beach but us. There was snow on the beach logs, and it was so still on the water.

Finding nice sticks to chew is a must-do when you go to the beach.

I live in the Key Peninsula, and we are south west of Seattle city. From our house, we have water surrounding us in every direction, we have lakes aplenty, many inlets, many beaches and access to water. I'll have many chances to go frolicking in the puget sound but isn't it funny that I still don't know how to swim?! I still do want to go to the Pacific Ocean again. I went to the pacific ocean beaches several times now in my life, and it's even more awesome.

Devilish grin and crazy eyes!!
Who wants to play ball with me?

Rob does a good job throwing the ball high for me.
I love playing with my bouncy orange rubber ball.

Just because I get to run free on my acreage doesn't mean I get stuck at home all the time.
A terror dale like me needs extreme exercise too sometimes. Mum and I have been riding on the bike and running, but its really liberating to run free on a beach. There's just something so exhilarating about getting as much sand in my coat as possible, and then shaking it out right when you're next to the humans.

Mummy and I

When will I get to go to Agility Class again? I miss going to agility. Mum hasn't found a good local school or club for us to return to our agility sport.
Rob told me to get on a big beach log, and I walked all the way to the edge, balancing carefully, imagining I was on my broad walk obstacle. Rob praised me a whole bunch. Can you see how happy and proud I looked?

Me at sunset on Joemma Beach

There isn't a branch that is too big for me to handle. I think I might take this home.

How about these ones? Not enough to choose from?

Pouncing and bouncing from log to log... Yippeeee this is the life.

Licks,
Kimi

6 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Hiya Kimi
We've been swimming in the Pacific Ocean but ours is right down here. It's a pretty big ocean isn't it.

It looks cold up your way. Love the photos.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! Look at you balancing on that log, Kimi! You are very brave! Your beach sure is pretty!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Cassidy said...

I would be in heaven with all those logs and sticks!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Stanley said...

Kimi!

You look like pure joy roaching around in the snow! And, I absolutely LOVE your work on the balance beam ~ right out to the edge! You're amazing, man!

Have you been kayaking yet? With your balance I'm sure you could stay on the kayak with your mama. But, you might want to get those swimming lessons in first.

You look like you're adjusting and having yourself a great time. Smooches to your mama!

Goob love,
Stanley

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Finni said...

Joemma beach looks great. I love beach combing too. You find all sorts. That's a good selection of sticks ... something for every doggie.
Headrubs
Finni xx

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Moco said...

That looks like a great day out. It is nice to have the whole place to your self. That was one big stick you had. Rob looks like a great ball thrower.
Foley did that thing in the snow with his face also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home