Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mad Mesh Dash

As some of you may know, my Oma and Opa came from South Africa to visit me and my parents for the very first time now in July. My Daddy and his parents are German, so that is why I call my grandma "Oma", and my grandpa "Opa". My parents have now lived in America for 4 years, and this is the very first time my grannies have come to see us.

Since the weather has been hot lately with summer and all, my parents have resorted to using mesh doors to keep those nasty flies out. Unfortunately, one afternoon, I had forgotten the mesh door was up, and as I was making my usual mad dash out to the backyard, I crashed right through the mesh and made the door rim fall out. I got such a huge shock, I dashed right back in, and in between Mummy's legs. Thank goodness, my Mum and Dad did not scold me, and they just acted like everything was normal. Can you imagine that? Who put that mesh door up and let me get such a fright?? Fortunately, Opa was here and he was one of the most handy man ever. He helped Daddy take the door off and after a quick visit to Lowes, they were able to buy parts to fix the door right back. But look at me in the photo, I was darn scared of the door. Mum kept putting me on a climb on my sofa, to put me close to the object of my fear.
I kept a close eye on Daddy and Opa, and that nasty mesh door that gave me such a fright. I wanted to run and hide, but Mum wouldn't let me get off my 'climb', she said we needed to face our fears, and get over things.

Oh Mummy, look at my sad face, my big brown eyes, and my droopy ears, I wish you'd let me go hide from the door.

Eventually Mum let me off my 'climb' and I dashed off to keep distance between myself and that mesh door. A while after that, just as Mum predicted, I got over my fear of the door quite quickly since no one really made any fuss, and I jumped right back onto my favorite spot in the house. My black leather sofa.

From my spot on the sofa, I scan and survey my neighborhood.
Hmmm.... nothing much really happening today. Wonder where the neighbors' cats are...

Hugs,
Kimi

4 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Your mom is smart to make you face your fears, Kimi, and thank goodness Opa and your dad are so handy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Oh Kimi, you poor fellow. I ran into the glass patio door once, and that jolly well hurt I can tell you!

Toodle pip
Harry x

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Moco said...

How very clever to face that old mesh door and get over the anxiety that is caused. Looking for cats is so much better.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger erin said...

I call my grandma "mama" and my great grandma is "oma" but she doesn't like me very much because I'm not well behaved like you, Kimi.
When I'm scared of something my girl tries to make me "get easy" which means lie down and be calm but sometimes that is easier said than done. I'm glad to hear that you got over your fear of the screen door so quickly.
Woof,
Keeley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home