Thursday, May 15, 2008

Playdate Time

On Tuesday, Mummy and I headed to Seattle to spend a morning with Nanny Lydia, and it gave me an opportunity to kick butt and play with Dave and Alice again. My Nanny is a great woman, and I don't give her enough kudos for all she's done for me and all the other Airepals of mine. From left, Alice, Dave, Nanny Lydia and me

One of the best traits of Nanny Lydia's? Treat-making. Nanny Lydia makes the best doggie cookies and treats. Some are made with fish, others with different kinds of meat but the best thing is that they are oh so delicious. Since she makes them herself, she isn't too stingy with them and gives them out often as long as we are good, or we do commands for them.
Alice does the 'beg' command, as Dave and I watch on patiently. Can you see the grin on Dave's face?

Chilling out while the parents chit chat over tea and human cookies

Airedale puddle

Mummy points out that even though we are all Airedales, our faces are all distinctly different. Just like human faces are similar, yet all uniquely different. Our faces show our personalities, moods and temperaments. Can you tell from our faces above, what kinds of personalities we have?
  • Alice is always chill, she's the boss lady, queen of all dales, confident, assertive, kind and caring, smart, obedient, sometimes not so patient with rowdy young punks. (note her paw over Dave's, very subtle but a sure sign to say she's boss)
  • Dave is strong, robust, intense, intelligent, very attentive, sharp, loving/kisser, enthusiastic, fun, comical, playful and a hoot to play chase with. He and I gang up on Cedar sometimes. (Cedar is a Sheltie who comes often to Nanny Lydia's)
  • I am easy going, a follower, funny, loving, great sense of humor (I parade around with Mum's lacy panty when there are guests), obedient, attentive to parents, caring and sharing (I share everything with everyone), intelligent, enthusiastic, and most of all, a real Mama's boy.

Here are a few of the most precious photos of me and my Nanny Lydia



As you can probably tell, I love my Nanny heaps, and she loves me too. When I stay at her house, she takes me out on walks, we go to the field to play and run offleash, and she plays with us, she feeds us, cleans us, sometimes even does a bit of grooming (like grinding nails), and gives us lots of love, kisses and hugs. And treats too.


Under table face wrestling with Dave

Dave kissing his Mummy


Dave has a very photogenic handsome face

Nanny Lydia shows my Mum how to use a pumice stone to strip out the edges of the ear leather. I look on as Dave moans in ecstatic delight.

Alice comes around to see if she's missing out on any of the fun, as she hears Dave make joyful noises and grunts.... yikes, Alice hates handstripping, and won't stay around for that! Good thing she's clipped.

Dave smiles for Mum's camera, while I chill out on my fav dog pillow under the dining table and try to get the peanut butter out from the kong.

Here's a funny pic of Alice and her boot.
She had scratched the left side of her cheek, and in order to stop her from making the wounds worse, Nanny Lydia put a boot on her so she won't be able to scratch her face anymore. She was walking in a very retarded funny way. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry..

Alas, my playdate ended quickly, and the weather was horrid. We ran around for a little bit in the backyard but our Mums felt cold outside and hurried inside to stay warm with tea. So we all followed them in. Good thing we did, cos we got treats...

Love,
Kimi

5 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Your nanny looks like a great person & her treats do look delish to me. Dave & Alice are cute but you are cuterer Kimi. My mommy thinks you have a very nice Airedale size & you have a sweet boy face. Hope you had fun at her place!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What wonderful pictures of Auntie Lydia and you, Alice and Dave, Kimi! We've been the recipient of Auntie Lydia's treats once and they are to-die-for, no question!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Kimi Wagner said...

Hey Maggie and Mitch,

I'm glad you guys have also eaten Nanny Lydia's treats. They are the best!! Good thing you're seconding my opinion.

Hugs,
Kimi

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Cassidy said...

Me can see your pawsonalities shining through. Mummy always knows which Airedale is which, but I know lots of people think we all look the same. A lot of people thought Harry was Oscar when mummy and daddy adopted him and didn't know Oscar had died.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Stanley said...

Kimi Bud!

I want a Nanny Lydia please! How do I get one of those amazing hooman nannies? Hmmmm? You're an experienced Dale. You must have some idea how it works.

It's true, what your mama said. Us Dales all have very distinct personalities and facial expressions. My girl looks at the photos of the two Dales she loved and lived with before me and just laughs. We're all so different yet have some very similar characteristics.

Glad you got to have that playdate, man. You've got some amazing friends.

Goober love,
Stanley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home