Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A New Guest

A new friend dropped by last week to spend a day with me and Mum. He had come specially to get groomed by Mum, and his name is Joey. Joey is an Australian Terrier, his breed is fairly rare as a pet in the Northwest. You don't see an Aussie Terrier walking down the sidewalk any common day, so I was very excited to get to know him. At first, Joey came to my garden and we got to know each other nicely. He just turned 1, and Mum said he's been 'fixed' just like me. Joey standing on his hind legs to look at me. He is very much smaller than I am, but he sure does have a feisty character. Then what happened next really shocked me. He started humping me almost non stop. He would grab one of my legs and start humping his bottom on me. I tolerated it as much as I could, being as gentle as I am, and I tried to play nice. After a while of his irritating humping, I got fed up, and I told him off.
A picture of me, telling Joey that humping me and stamping his dominance on me wasn't cool.
I started to let him know this wasn't polite in doggie manners and social skills, and I held his muzzle and neck in my mouth, and at first he would understand, but then he'd start humping again.
Joey humping me again
I also tried to show Joey my huge beef knuckle bone that I had been gnawing on for the last couple of days, and he took one sniff, and said "yuck". He wasn't interested in my toys or bones, he just wanted to hump.


Eventually, Mum took him and started her makeover work on him. I just laid down by her side and watched them. Joey, being a terrier like me, hated having his nails done, or even having his feet touched. He squirmed and snapped, yelled and growled, bit Mum many times and struggled non stop. He scratched the muzzle away (because Mum didn't want to get bitten), and he just wouldn't co-operate. He was not being nice at all, but that was because he had never been groomed by anyone before. Eventually, even Daddy had to help hold him to get his nails trimmed. After the makeover, Joey looked completely different.

Joey's makeover picture

Joey's dad came to pick him up, and he looked happy to see that Joey had been transformed. I hear Mummy tell me that Joey will be back in the fall to get groomed again. I wonder what adventures he'll be up to then.

Love,
Kimi

5 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Harry said...

That's a grand makeover. Sorry to hear you were humped senseless. I've been to grooming class with Cassidy and ma a few times and there's a young Dale there that thinks it's fun to hump me. I too have to do my biggest barks at him to tell him to bu**er off!

Toodle pip
Harry x

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

My pinky had an Australian Terrier when she was a little girl.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Stanley said...

NO WONDER your coat looks so great! I bet your mama grooms you too, doesn't she? You look good enough to be a showboy!

I admire your restraint, man. You were very patient with the little Aussie boy. Not so sure I would have been.

Goob love,
Stanley

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger erin said...

Oh, Kimi, you are such a well mannered dog! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to deal with all that humping. My cousin dog always wants to hump me and I hate it. That's about the only time my humans ever hear me growl and snarl. I usually end up having to bite his face or his front legs to let him know that humping is not cool. But he never seems to get the message and before long he's trying to hump me again. What a weirdo, huh? My trainer says that he probably has an undescended testicle and that when he got fixed the vet was too lazy to go and correct that or something like that. I don't know, that's just what she says.
woof,
Keeley

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger teresa said...

Hey Kimi,
you look like you have so much fun at home!
Joey looks so different from the before and after photos... Amazing.
Your mummy is really good at what she does, you are so lucky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home