Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Finishing up Grooming (Last Day)

As Mummy had promised me, she was going to take me biking today for 14 miles (she bikes, I run). But first, she said we'd have to spend at least an hour, tidying me up, and finishing the grooming left for the last day. I had been bathed and brushed last evening, so it was a piece of cake tidying me up. Me sitting nicely for the camera, getting ready for scissoring.

Full body, prior to scissoring.
We only need to have legs and feet to tidy up, and straighten my facial hair and beard, to make it look like a brick.

Can you tell that my legs are overgrown and feet look so untidy? Yup, after several months of not doing anything to my feet, they look messy. Every month, Mum shaves the paw fur off, but that's to help me have 'my brakes' on, to let me have grip. Also, if left unshaved, the paw fur can cause mats in between the toes and that's very uncomfortable. Imagine if you had a stone stuck to the bottom of your shoe, that's what Mum says it feels like.

So Mum needs to round the feet like a cat's. The legs need to be plucked and scissored to look like long straight poles. At the joints where the leg furnishings and stripped body meet, these areas need to be stripped and blended.

The head needs to look like a rectangular brick. From the forehead to the tip of my nose, there should be a straight line (as shown by that black line in the above photo), and any excess facial hair is plucked off to make me look neat. My muzzle is also carded to remove length and undercoat. My cheeks are blended by stripping to create gradual length toward the front. From the front, my face should look rectangular like a brick.

My messy feet.

I have been trained to 'Stand' and I will not move my legs or feet unless I am freed. This allows Mum to work on me as she pleases. Note also that I do not need a leash on the table (like some other doggie friends and their groomers) as I have been trained to 'Climb' and I will stay on any elevated platform until I am released.


Finally, you get to see me as the finished product. After 5 hard days of toil, pain, blisters, sweat and hours, I am done. Finally done. Yes now, Mummy and I will head off to the trails and do 14 miles today to burn off energy.


Me and Mummy

Hope you all like my pics. I know my fur looks extremely short, and my body looks bald, and I must admit that I do look strange, but give me 2 weeks, and I'll be more handsome than ever. My coat will begin to grow in, and I'll be very handsome soon.

Love,
Kimi

10 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh Kimi, you look absolutely handsome!!! Your mom did a pawsome job on you. You're slightly on the pink pink side but it should go down after a while. Your poor mom's fingers must be in sooo much pain now...You are a good boy & you always obey your mom. I hardly actually. Sometimes I act like as if I've learned that command before, teeheehee! Did your breeder teach you how to stance properly on the table?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Cassidy said...

Well, me thinks you look handsome even a bit baldy! We be off to trimming class (they stopped calling it stripping class, me can't think why, tee hee!) on Sunday, so me will report back.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You look sooooooooooooo handsome, Kimi! It was worth all the hard work, right! Enjoy your long relaxing run!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

You look very nice. Do you ever get to groom your human?

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Bogart H. Devil said...

Looking GOOD Kimi!!!!!!

Your mama did a GREAT job!

Love,
Bogart

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Finni said...

You're a handsome fella Kimi. Your mum has done an excellent job.
Finni xx

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Rae said...

hey kimi--don't you look good! Sophie
tagged you for a me-me and says thanks to your mum for a *lovely* aire-cut.

come to rae's blog to check out the details.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

My sissies are ooohing and aaaahing over your pics Kimi. They think you look very cute. Your mum did an awesome job.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Princess Patches said...

Your mom did a pawsom job, Kimi and you look fabulous!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger The Thuglets said...

Kimi u is sooooo smart..very dalehandsome!

Laso u are sooo fit..yikes 14miles! We need to go and lie down!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thuglets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home