Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rattlesnake Lake

I'm not sure why the lake is called Rattlesnake Lake, cos I haven't seen any rattlesnakes around, but the lake is one of my favorite haunts. It is only 20 mins away from my house, and I can either do a hike of 4 miles up and down to the ledge, or walk around the lake, or swim in the cold water. There are geese and ducks to admire too, so many things to do.

Since the weather was so beautiful, Mum and Dad took me there for a stroll around the lake on Sunday. We did a leisurely walk, enjoying the sunshine and the light breeze. It was very beautiful.



I still have not yet learnt how to swim, although I am past 2yo, and I'm not ashamed of that. Many of my doggie friends my age already swim like experts, and its all my parents' fault that I don't. Mum said its just too cold to swim in WA, and Dad just haven't worked hard to try teaching me. So I make the best of it, and waddle in the water up to my neck. That's as far as I would go.

The water is crystal clear and clean. I love to wade in water. I cannot wait for spring to come, so we can resume hiking in the alpine forests again. We haven't done any snowshoeing this winter, and I sure do miss romping in snow. In summer, I love to go camping and stay in tents and explore the woods. I love being a part of nature. I hope the humans will keep it green, safe and beautiful for as long as time will lasts.

Love,
Kimi

5 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger The Thuglets said...

Kimi..what fantastic photos. Looks like a brilliant place.

What a lucky dale you are.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thuglets

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What crystal clear water! Your pictures are just beautiful, Kimi!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

That is a very beautiful place Kimi. The photos are wonderful.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Cassidy said...

What a beautiful place! Mumm yno be keen on me learning how to swim as there be lots of rivers near our house and not all be super clean, so she no wants me diving into every bit of water. But daddy be taking us to the beach soon so me and big Harry can dip our paws in!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

What a great place! Oh, my sister Chloe & I are pro swimmers, man! We can teach you next time IF only your mom allows...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home