Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chinese New Year Scare

For my Mummy, the Chinese Lunar New Year is a big deal. Last week, the Chinese Lunar New Year started on the 7th, and will last till the 18th of Feb. She put up these red colored decorations all over the house, to welcome luck and good fortune for our family. On the eve she put it up, I got a little scared. It looked like they were floating outside my glass doors, like ghosts. I couldn't figure out why they were there.
Dad told me that it was nothing to be afraid of, and Mum just ignored me.
So I went to Daddy and asked him to pet me, and tell me it was ok.

Daddy said it was important to confront our fears, so he carried me up to have a sniff at those things. They were a little shiny, but it was obvious they were harmless.

Nonetheless, I was still a little unsure. I hovered around at the stairway to observe those things stuck at the glass doors, but after a little while, when my parents just ignored me, I decided to stop being a wimp. Its been several days since the decorations have been up, and I'm no longer unsure anymore. It took me only an evening to get used to these strange things being arranged in my house. I learn to ignore these silly things that Mum loves so much. She said it reminded her of her home back in Singapore and of her family.

Love,
Kimi

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You're one smart boy, Kimi! Happy Chinese new year!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Harry said...

The decorations are very pretty! Happy CNY to your mum.

Toodle pip
Harry x

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh Kimi, our whole house is really red with lots & I mean lots of those red stuff hanging around in the porch & inside the house! But I'm not scared of them. They're kind pretty though but I'm not that interested in them. They're boooring! I hope you've conquered your fears already...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home