Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Washington's Marymoor Offleash Dog Park

There is an off leash dog park in Washington state called Marymoor Park. It is situated in the middle of Redmond town, so its only 30 min from where we live. It is about 44 acres of beautiful wide plains, with a running river (Sammammish River) thrown in for dogs who love to swim. It is huge, and Mum and I head to Marymoor about once a week for doggie socialization and walk for an hour or two. I love going there because I get to meet new doggie friends and we all get to sprint around offleash. Mum says we can go there only because I am reliable with long distance recall.
Checking out the river to the left for salmon and ducks, and other water fowl
On this trip, I even got to see another Airedale, we greeted each other with happy tails, and we could instantly tell, we were the same kind. We hung out for a little bit, sniffing bushes and things. There was something strange about her though, her ears stood straight up and wouldn't flop down like mine. Also, her tail is really short.

Then Mum and I met this really cool guy with his dog, and he could call the ducks. He would make odd duck sounds and they would flop over to him to be fed. When I saw the ducks, I was really surprised that they weren't scared of me. After all, we are scary DOGS!

Mum, are you seeing this? Ducks only a few feet away!! Yummy dinner.
I just couldn't bear it, the ducks were right before me, and I couldn't catch them. Heck, I wouldn't even jump into the river to try. I've got a secret, I can't swim.. but my lab buddy could, and he was swimming around, fetching his 'ball' instead of trying to catch dinner.


This is me answering the call of nature, before I dashed off to run and play again

The weather was so cold, the puddle froze over. It became ice.


Playing along the river with doggie friends is fun, although I can't swim.


Greeting a young pitbull. Meeting other doggies helps me learn good manners, and keeps me in touch with my canine need to socialize with my own kind.

Woopee!

Playing around with the giants of the park, the Great Danes

I hope I get to go to Marymoor again soon but Mum says that's not going to happen with this wretched weather. Its been snowing and raining and extremely windy up here in Seattle this week.

Love, Kimi

5 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wow, look at you all having lots of fun! Don't your paw paws feel cold standing on that frozen lake? Wish there was frozen lakes here too then I can freeze myself to death! I LUV it!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Harry said...

What a beautiful park! You are lucky to have dog parks, we have no such thing here. There are areas you can walk off lead, but nowhere specifically for dog playtimes.

Toodle pip,
Harry x

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You're so lucky that you can go off lead! We sure wish that we could! What an awesome day you had with so many friends!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Your day out looks great fun. You will be sure to make loads of friends in your Dog Park. We loved all your photos.
Molly and Taffy

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger erin said...

Kimi,
That looks like a really cool dog park. I love it when I get to run free with other dogs. My girl only takes me to fully-fenced dog parks because I can't be trusted off leash without a fence.
woof,
Keeley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home