Monday, January 07, 2008

Sleepy Sleeps with My Comfy Blankie

Through the last two years, my faithful comfort blanket (aka comfy blankie) accompanies me almost everywhere I sleep. Most often, I also prefer to sleep with a soft toy or a favorite toy close to me. When we go camping, I carry my blankie in my backpack so I can have it in the tent at night, if we're home, its in my crate (my safe place) or where I nap. Sometimes I drag it around with me, sometimes, Mummy carries it for me to the study so I nap on her couch while she works on her computer. Here are some pics dedicated to my comfy blankie.

Napping in the kitchen with my Mr Beans teddy. Also keeping an eye on Mum.
My comfy blankie has come a long way with me. Its been with me since the first day my parents fetched me from my breeders in CA. In this picture, you see me napping in the VW SUV backseat with my 'yup, the comfy blankie'. In this photo, it was also the very first time I rode long distance in my parents car. I was only 8 weeks old.

Napping at home as a young puppy, on my comfy blankie and fire hose toy

Napping in Mum's study, on the couch, with my blankie and soft toy. I was probably 6 months old in that photo.

Making myself quite comfortable, the blankie always close by. Note the presence of my special nuts. I wasn't fixed yet when this photo was taken. I was fixed at the age of 11 months. Mum felt that it was in everyone's best interest that those nuts went off.


Sleeping in our camping tent. I think of the camping tent as our mobile den. My parents and I sleep very comfortably in our 'den'. Every evening, when we reach our camp spot for the night in the wilderness, they pop the 'den' out and up it goes. Magic. Note how my blankie is never far from me.

This photo was taken during the road trip of Oct 2006. I am sitting in the back with Mum's mum, my grandma. I sleep very well in our car, wait, I sleep very well everywere, anywhere!
Oh, and when I'm sleeping, sometimes I snore, sigh, and make little sleepy noises. I've also been known to 'run' and 'kick' in my sleep every now and then. I must have taken after Mummy's knack for sleep-talking.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What an adorable puppy you were and you've grown into such a handsome boy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home