Thursday, January 03, 2008

Backpacking in the Evergreen Northwest

It does get cold and wet here in Washington, but it won't deter some hardcore hikers and backpackers like my crazy parents and their friends. Someone once said that if you live in Washington, then you learn to accept the rain as part of life, and that includes hiking and backpacking in the rain too. If we don't, then we never ever get to go out. The nice thing about hiking in Washington? There's always somewhere remote to go to, where the chances of meeting another dog friend, or even another human, can be nil.Daddy sets up the firewood into a nice fireplace, and I supervise to make sure he's doing it right.
Smelling different scents as I go about my day, the sun peaks out occasionally.

Mum calls this posture my "Lazy" sit. I just plonk my butt down on the ground and my legs are going anyway they like, all over the place. I'm not as goofy as I look, I'm just tired, and itching for a treat.

Mum and me, posing on a bridge. Take note that this is my 'Large' palisades backpack, it is one size too big for me. Mum will need to exchange it for me.

Crossing over a fast running stream. I always hike and backpack offleash. My parents don't expect me to behave any other way, and I know the drill. Walk nicely after the pack leader, and do as I'm told. Am I a dog?



Taking a moment to enjoy the greenery and beauty of nature. The wonder of Evergreen trees, they actually stay green.


Hanging around camp. I am also allowed offleash around camp, I've never wandered too far off, that I don't hear or see my parents. I think it is in my instinct to stay close to my pack leaders, and my parents keep a close eye on me anyway. Hard to get into any Airedale nonsense.

Chilling on a bridge

The Evergreen woods and Me

I think we don't hike enough, we should be doing this every single weekend. I just need to peel my parents away from their computers and all the chores at home. Thank goodness, I'm not adding to any of those chores by being naughty at home. Mum says, I should know better.
Yada Yada Yada

5 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Kimi!
Nice to meet you!
Looks like you have lots of fun sharing all those adventures with your mom and dad!
Have a good night
Lorenza

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Kimi Wagner said...

Hi Lorenza, I have lots of fun here. Hope you'll drop by again sometime. I'm going to look at your blog too.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I like your "lady" sit Kimi! I sit like that too and mom calls it my "un-lady-like" sit!
Glad to meet you! We're Maggie and Mitch! Stop by sometime!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Princess Patches said...

Hi Kimi!
It's very nice to meet you!

Poppy & Penny

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Hi there Kimi! It's sooo nice to meet another dog online who does Obedience & Agility too. I'm OB trained too & I'm now currently in Intermediate level. Yeah, I sound like I'm damn good but actually I'm not. Harharhar! I can't even 'watch' my mommy for 2 seconds. Blame her! She never taught me how to. I must say that you're a very cute looking boy. No really & I mean that as a nice way. You're a very good Airedale boy! Do come & visit my bloggy too okay. Me going to do two freestyle performances soon for a dog event. Woohoo!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home