Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Overdue Christmas Photos

Since my parents have been away for a while for the first 2 weeks of Jan, Mum left the Christmas tree up, (its still up now though its end of Jan) just so that we could wait for a good sunny day to take nice photos of me with the tree. As you all may know by now, Seattle doesn't get too many sunny days in winter, and we had to wait for many days, until finally, last week we had some sun breaks. I have to put up with Mum dressing me up in these strange things, like this pair of reindeer antes. I allow her to do whatever she likes with me, and I don't struggle or try to get it off, don't ask me why, I just do what makes Mum happy. Besides, she's got those tasty dried lamb treats in her hand. Any dale would put up with the humiliation for those darn treats. I wish I wasn't a slave to treats!!! Dad says that dogs that have to dress up, are more prone to biting humans. He he he, I think he's trying to scare Mum. Its not working Daddy. Look at me!
Oh boy, here we go....
For 2007, the theme for our tree is Gold. Its amazing how I actually leave that tree alone, and all those wonderful golden balls, trinkets, and blinking lights. When Mum put up the tree back in early Dec, I was watching her, to make sure everything was in the right place. Never once, did I try to snatch any for my playtoy. Maybe I should have.

Can you see that photo hanging in the frame in the background? That is the map of Middle Earth. My parents love Sci-Fi and Fantasy, so The Lord of The Rings is their favorite movie. I can't believe it isn't my photo hanging up there. Hmffff!

After the reindeer antes, I had to put on the santa hat. I don't know which one makes me look more hilarious, and I don't want to know... but Mum sure seems happy and amused. Oh well, an Airedale like me knows how to worm myself into her heart. Not sure if you remember, but my breed type is Dad's favorite. He's had Airedales even before he was born. My Opa and Oma are Airedale fanatics. Mum actually likes Giant Schnauzers, and still wants to get one someday..(hmmm a giant for a sibling) but I think now I must have convinced her Airedales are funnier.

At the end of it, I get to pose with just nothing on, but my fur coat. I like it best this way. Mum needs to convince Dad to buy her a nice home studio setup.
After an hour of posing with the tree, it does get very tiring. So I take a nap in my day time crate. See, I even have my own pillow to lean on, and my own box full of all my toys.

Mum and Dad have a nasty habit of gathering all my toys and putting them in the box, but I like them strewn all over the living room, kitchen, tv room, bedrooms, all over the house. In that way, I can play with all my toys all the time. Much more convenient. I even have toys in the garden if it isn't too rainy.
I am an indoor dog, Mum says. I stay indoors all the time, except to potty, but when Spring comes around, I'll get to hang out in my backyard again when the sun shines.

Love, Kimi

3 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Kimi, those are really nice pictures of you with your X'mas gear... You look happee wearing them.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Harry said...

You are awfully compliant Kimi. I think even for my favourite dried liver I wouldn't keep antlers or hats on for long!

Our tree was only up for 48 hours, and Cassidy still managed to pull the whole thing over once!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You're one gorgeous girl, Kimi!
Our mom likes our toys picked up and put in our basket too but we're like you - we want them out everywhere so we can play with them!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home