Thursday, January 10, 2008

Staying with Nanny Lydia

My Mummy and Daddy are spending these first 2 weeks of 2008 in Johannesburg South Africa, and I am camping here in Camp Alice, with Aunt Lydia, Alice the queen and Dave the dog, back in Seattle. The weather has been atrociously wet, cold, grey and windy. Nanny Lydia has allowed us stay more often indoors.
Her living room has been converted into a doggie playground, and there are comfy cushions for us to lay in and lounge around. Alice perches on the main sofa to watch the world go by but I like laying in this brown bagel bed. Doggie toys are in boxes all around us and we play till we drop dead tired.

See all the toys around us? This is doggie heaven. That is Cedar in the top left corner of the pic. I like Cedar, but sometimes, Dave and I gang up on him, and try to herd him like sheep. He can run like the wind.

In Seattle, it really does get miserably wet and cold outdoors, its a good thing to stay warm and dry indoors. I like to stay indoors and play with toys. I have been quite bald these last couple of weeks, because Mum had just handstripped me before she left for South Africa to visit Daddy's family. She took me down all the way to the skin, and I do get cold in winter. Its a good thing my Nanny lets me play indoors. Ha, finally, my coat on my saddle (the black parts) are starting to grow in, and I am looking nice. My head still needs a couple of weeks of hair growth.

14 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Wow kimi your Auntie Lydia's place is doggy heaven. With all those toys and cushions you won't even miss your mum and dad.
Glad you linked to our blog.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Molly and Gertrude said...

Hi - we LOVE your blog! We read all the way down to the very bottom and think you are the most handsome Aireboy with the best lifestyle possible! You are so lucky having such great parents and family around you.

Thaks for visiting our blog and adding us. We will add yours to our bloglist too and be sure to visit often!

Bye for now -
Love Molly and Gertrude
xx

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Cassidy said...

Nanny Lydia's house be fun, whee! Mummy is learning to hand strip me. Me be good girl and me let her do my saddle, but me no likes my face being done. Me be losing my teethies and my face be sore. So me has stripped body and a big fluffy head!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Kimi Wagner said...

Hi Cassidy,

glad you're being handstripped like me. Ha Ha. I have so much fur, it takes my Mum 12 hours hard labour to groom me. She spreads it out over 4 days, and I get groomed in parts. I bet you are the same like me - very strange in between days. I think I should get Mum to post how she handstrips me the next round, probably in the coming spring.

Love,
Kimi

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We know Aunt Lydia! She's the cookie lady on our Yahoo Airedale group! Your Auntie is one sweet and talented lady! Tell Alice and Dave we said hi! What a fun vacation for you, Kimi!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Hello Kimi

We have found your blog via Molly and Gertrude and thought we would pop in and say hello to you.

We have linked you to our blog.

Molly and Taffy

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger The Thuglets said...

Hello Kimi
we found you through our good friends Molly and Taffy.

We are 6 airedales living in UK. Drop by and see us sometime.

We will put you on our blog list so we can pop in and see whats happening with you.

TTFN
The Thugletsx

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Kimi Wagner said...

Hi Maggie and Mitch,

You're right!! It is that same Lydia from the yahoo group that makes all these wonderful treats for us dales. She sends them all over the world through her games. My mum really looks up to Aunt Lydia, and has learnt so much from her. Aunt Lydia is a real Airedale expert. I get to eat tonnes of those delicious treats when I stay at Nanny's Lydia's home. You can just imagine how lucky I am.

Love,
Kimi

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Headgirl said...

Hi there!

I've for some odd reason never visited you before but we've lots of mutual friends...Noah, Cassidy, Maggie & Mitch, Molly & Taffy , I could go on...

Have enjoyed catching up with your life - your very handsome & what a cute pup!

Pats & pets
Blue

I'm not a dog! Just a human lady with a dog fixation!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

Hi Kimi! Nice to meet you! We saw you recently joined DWB. We went through your whole bloggie and you have had some paswsome times! Loooove the snow we don't get any. I Crikit love to shred cardboard fur mommy we gots tht in common & oh we weigh the same! wow! We'll sniff back over again

Love Licks & waggin TX tails

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Wow, what a place! That doggie bed is really BIG! I hope you had a pawsome time there...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Bogart H. Devil said...

Looking GOOD Kimi!!!

Love,
Bogart

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger erin said...

Hi, Kimi! We haven't met before but I love airedales. My best friend is a giant airedale. I'm a raw fed dog too. And I also have the same problem as you with my name. Everyone seems to think that Keeley is a girl's name, but it's not and I'm a boy. It's a Gaelic name that means handsome. Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you that I tagged you on my blog to share 7 weird things about yourself. Check you later!
Woof,
Keeley

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Princess Patches said...

Hi Kimi,
We have given you an award because we love your bloggy!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home