Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Romping in the Snow

The nice thing about living in the foothills of a mountain is that we get a few hundred acres of free land right behind our house. Land in Seattle is expensive, and the housing market here is ridiculous so it is really valuable to live somewhere close to the city and yet have open spaces closeby. That's the beauty of living in Issaquah. We are 30 min from downtown, and have all the modern amenities in our local downtown and we also have woods, forests, lakes and streams.
The current winter storm has been severe, while other states are getting rain storms and floods, we've got snow. The Interstate 90 even had to be closed down last night because of avalanche danger at Snoqualmie. Mum and I take the opportunity to head up to the woods behind our house. We love to explore together.
Hmm... what's that scent?

Because my long distance recall is reliable, I get to go offleash. There are hardly any critters out now in the cold winter, and its so quiet when we are up there. No humans or doggies. Just Mummy and I. It is so fun to sniff and see and hear.


I'm not the fastest runner, but I do love running and hopping around in the snow. Mum and I don't like the rain, but we sure do love snow. It doesn't stop us from going out to have some alone time.

Woopee!!!


Checking out to see if I can spot any squirrels.




Snow clings onto my furnishings making snow clumps. They can be hard to remove. Strangely enough, this time, we didn't have to get them out because by the time we went home, 2 hours later, they just fell off by themselves.


Running here, there and everywhere

One of my other favorite things to do is to pick up sticks and chew them. The more breaks I can get into a single long stick, the better.

Showing off my snow encrusted beard.
I'm quite happy with myself. Can you tell?

Love,
Kimi

12 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Both of us love the snow a whole lot too, Kimi!
Your mom takes the most awesome pictures! You look just beautiful against the pure white snow!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

You live in a wonderful part of the world Kimi. The scenery is lovely and you look great too.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Cassidy said...

Me hopes me gets to have some snow. Mummy say it no snows here very often. Me loves your snowy beard piccies and the one where you be leaning over big tree trunk. You be handsome *blush*

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Kimi, look at you having sooo much fun in the snow! You are a very well behaved dog to listen to your mama when she asks you to come back...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger The Black and Tans. said...

Your day out with your Mum looks such fun. Your are a very photogenic Dale.

Molly and Taffy

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Finni said...

Great snow beard, Kimi. It looks like great walking country where you live. I'm very jealous of your snow. All we've had is a handful of flakes - and that is since I was born!
There is hope though. We're going up North to Scotland next month - keep your fingers crossed ...
Finni xx

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Bogart H. Devil said...

Hi Kimi!!!

My mama wants to send you something - a sample of the yummy dog treats we're making (it's doggie jerky - I know you eat raw, these are just dehydrated meat with nothing else added) - if you want some, just drop me an email with your address (my email is bogarthandsomedevildog@yahoo.com) and I'll get ya some right out!

Love,
Bogart

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Kimi,
Those shots of us are actually in NSW the Blue Mountains National Park. We live in the town of Leura which is in the upper mountains (if you can call them mountains lol). Our pinkies love the area your mum mentioned in Victoria.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Kimi Wagner said...

Thanks Noah. You guys are lucky to live in Australia, it is a very beautiful country. Lots of barbeques and beer. He he he

Hugs,
Kimi

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger erin said...

Kimi,
It looks beautiful there! Your mom took some great photos of you too! You must be a very good dog to get to be off leash on your hikes. If I saw a squirrel, I'd be off chasing it and end up miles away before I thought to look back for my girl.
Woof,
Keeley

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Rae said...

hey sheila! just snopping around--so glad to see you're back. miss you guys, do you have any time for a long-overdue girly-n-doggie-play date?

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Rae said...

hey sheila! just snopping around--so glad to see you're back. miss you guys, do you have any time for a long-overdue girly-n-doggie-play date?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home