Monday, May 12, 2008

Landscaping Work

After a long time of talking and planning, my parents finally mustered up enough motivation to get the front lawn landscaped. The grass was overgrown and it looked nasty so Mum's friend Rob came over to help out. I was told to stay in the garage and watch, so that I don't run around and disturb anyone, but I found it very hard to stay still. Can you blame me? So here I was, surrounded by all these strange things, they made loud noises and smelled funny too. There was this thing called 'manure' that I couldn't resist rolling my body in, and when I tried it again, Mum yelled "Kimi, No!". So I stopped and went to lay down in the garage again. I'll just have to get to the deodorant when she isn't watching me like a hawk.
I was feeling a little overwhelmed because all this new stuff around me made me feel uncomfortable. What a mess! The garage isn't normally like this. Pails, rakes, spades, tools, hammers... all the noise clanging away. My parents and Rob were working very hard. I really wanted to help them dig a few holes, but Daddy was not happy about that.

Here's a little raking tool on my paw, are you sure I can't help you a little Daddy?

Eventually Mummy let me come out closer to keep an eye on the work. After all, every Airedale needs to supervise the humans, to make sure everything was being done right. My Daddy says all his past Airedales just liked to stick their noses into every business that was going on around the house, and I was no different. The only condition I had to be allowed outside to watch them was that I had to stay in a 'down'. So I said "cool its a deal".

Sitting outside was way more fun than being stuck in the garage at a distance. Out here, I can see what's happening on the street and if there were doggies out and about. Rob and Daddy definitely needed my supervision. Mummy was toiling in the dirt too, but every now and then, she'd turn into the "Pupparazzi".


Very soon, they'll have to do something about the backyard and the side of the property as well. Wow, so many changes this spring!!

Love,
Kimi

4 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You're sure a good boy to just sit and watch the activity! Your yard is going to be beautiful, Kimi!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Harry said...

The front garden's looking great Kimi, and you did a fabulous job as site foreman! You're right,us Airedale's HAVE to keep an eye on what's going on!

Toodle pip
Harry x

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Stanley said...

Kimi!

I think you must be the BEST behaved Aireboy I've ever seen. I'm not so sure I could have resisted that manure.

Looks to me like the front yard may eventually be nice enough for you to use as an office. Is that why they're fixing it up?

Goober love,
Stanley

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

You are a good watch dog Kimi! I usually can't stay in a 'down' position for too long either. I will always get up & then get a slap in the face. I go back 'down' but then get up again. Haha! Can't help it. I got itchy legs...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home