Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Having New Friends Over

Two very new friends came over last Friday for a romp with me at my house. Chester is 10 and Hamilton is my age, 2+ and we hung out like carrots and peas. As you can tell from the photos, Chester and Ham are both Airedales like me. Coincidentally, they are also raw fed like me. What are the odds? I'm so happy that their Mums allowed them to come hang out with me and my Mum. My new friends Chester and Ham.

It was no easy task getting all 3 of us to lay down side by side to pose for a photo, because I just wanted to nibble on Ham's ear. Chester and Ham are well trained like me, but they don't seem to have a release command, so when we were all on a 'down', suddenly either of them would just get up and walk to get treats, so it was extremely difficult to have all of us laying together. Ha ha. Nonetheless, we decided to humor the humans and pose for a few. (Those darn treats are just too good to resist)


Ham and I get along much more because he's around the same age as I am. Chester's an older chap and he didn't really want to jump around and playbite with me too much. I respected him though, because if I got too rowdy with him, he would warn me with a growl and a side-ward glance, as if saying "hey kid, respect my space", and I would. So I took many toys and went to Ham and we would play together.

Chester walking away from the ruckus, which is Ham and me, playing and wrestling in my dining area.

I got to know Chester and Ham when my parents took me to Marymoor Park, it was so great seeing both of them together, because Airedales aren't too common here in Washington. But I've already gotten to know so many in the area..

Alice, Dave, my sis Stella, Sophie, Ruffian, Mattie, and a few others whom aren't too close to me, so there's really quite a few of us up here who are Aire-friends. Could you just imagine how much fun it would be if my parents organized an Airedale get together this summer for all of us friends? Cool... ok, so Mum, that's a hint, when is it going to happen?


Love,
Kimi

10 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Kimi,

Wow! It is so cool that you have all those friends to come visit you. We don't know any other scotties-- or airedales for that matter. It gets a little lonesome. We would love to come for one of your get-togethers sometime if we could convince the humans to make a trip north.

Mom is going to be posting more about our Airedale sibling soon. We will know on Friday if the mother dog is pregnant. If so, the puppies will be born around June 14th and will come to be part of the family in August.

Thanks for being the first to leave a comment on our new blog! This is going to be fun. Our mom was trying to figure out how to send your mom her e-mail address so that you could send the measurements and stuff without publishing it on the blog comments.

P.S. We have a human kid at our house too. Her name is Juliette but is called Gigi. She is 5 years old. We adore her and she adores us back, so we are very lucky!

Your proud royal scot friends,
MackieJo and BonnieJean

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Cassidy said...

You make a very handsome trio! Harry be like that with downs. He seems to think bouncing into a down for a nanosecond be good enough. Mummy and daddy think he used to get a treat for doing that at his old house. He has getted a lot better now and can wait longer in a down. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

How neat that your friends got to play at your house, Kimi! Chester is pretty much the same age I am! He looks great for his age!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Kimi
Chester and Hamilton look like great pals. How nice of their mum to let them spend the day with you.
The photos are fantastic.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Happy National Stuffie Appreciation Day!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Rae said...

hey--Sophie wants back in on all this fun! =)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Princess Patches said...

It looks like you had lots of fun with your new friends, Kimi! How nice that they could come and visit you!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Stanley said...

Kimi Boy!

I'm thinking this was the AireHeaven Romping Day pre-partay! I think your mama has NO CHOICE now but to organize that AireDay! It will be like being in heaven, buddy. I'm tellin' ya!

Chester looks like a sweet old guy. I understand about those warning looks. I often get them from older dogs. Does Ham taste like his name? Mmmmmm.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Chester & ham look like kewl pals! And they are soo well groomed. You three look cute together!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger gunny said...

Dear Kimi,
I am only 4 months old but would like to be your friend. I want to have a mail pal to send presents to also. How do I do that?
I live in Sequim Washington with my parents, a yellow lab who is starting to like me, a miniature daschund who is a real brat and 2 cats.
Please write to me.
Gunny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home