Saturday, June 07, 2008

Canine Camper Test Out

According to Mum, we're heading to our very first Agility Competition this Sunday. (Tomorrow) and we'll be hanging out at the venue the whole day. Sounds exciting (blah!) So to allow me a place to rest while we wait between runs, Mum bought me this canine Camper. She bought it in an extra-large size, which prompted Daddy to say it was way too big for me. It was so big, that Mum and I could both be in it at the same time. Mum's explanation was that she wanted it big enough for "2" dogs. 2 dogs?? Who's the 2nd dog Mum? Apparently, in future Mummy and Daddy will add a brother or sister to me. I can't wait. Here's me in the camper. It is so big, that it is filling up a 1/4 of my living room space. This entry is about me being trained to be comfortable in a new 'space'.

Mum gives me the same command for entering a space as with my regular crate, "Go Sleep" means "go into this space and stay there till I free you". She gives me the hand signal pointing inward the camper, while commanding me, and the moment I step in, she says "Good Boy" and treats me. Then I get "Freed" and she lets me out, another treat.

We keep repeating this "Go Sleep" and "Free" till I get it, moving in and out of the camper with ease, no hesitation, no problems. And I get free treats for that, what's not to like about this new exercise?

All I care about is really that treat in her hand, I'll do anything for that treat.

"Go Sleep" means go in and stay there. (Mum even threw my current fav toy in there to keep me company, its called a ruffian and it makes funny noises)


I'm excited about the agility trial competition this Sunday, but Mum is a bit nervous. Its our very first time running in a competition environment but I think we're both ready. Better to start sooner than later. All Mum wants for me to do is to quality. We don't need to get the top 4 positions.

We're competing in 2 Regulars, 1 Jumpers and 1 Tunnelers and in the Novice level. Keep your paws crossed for me and hope I do well. Just to qualify will be good enough.

Hugs,
Kimi

4 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a neat tent, Kimi! That's too cool!
Our paws are crossed for you at the agility competition. Let us know how it goes, okay?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

That tent is really BIG! The bigger the batter I always say. At least you have space to stretch out your legs, to move around & the most important to be able to sit up with head not touching the top of the tent. It's gotta be comfortable enuf for you especially if you've got to wait for hours before your turn. My paws are crossed that you'll do well tomorrow. I know you will!

Butt shakes,
Solid Gold Dancer

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Cassidy said...

Me be sure you'll do well Kimi! Does that camper keep you cool? Mummy and daddy has been taking my crate to shows, covered with a big blankie, but that looks a lot lighter and easier to carry.

About your tail comments, yes lots of people here are struggling to like the undocked tails. There seems to be a lot less Airedale puppies being shown since the docking ban as some breeders really don't like the tails. Mummy likes mine. There is a lot of variation, some straight up like a docked tail, some curled gently like mine, and some like piggy tails!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Rae said...

hey, how did it go? (sophie sends her kisses)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home