Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Been a While

Dearest Friends,

It's been a long while since I updated my blog. A lot of things have happened in the last 4 months of my life. And I don't really know where to begin. But I'll start somewhere, Mum and I have moved out, and Mum tells me that Dad won't be around too much anymore. I know I'll miss my daddy, but I also know Mum misses Daddy too. Mum says that as long as she and I stay together, then everything will be just fine. We'll be there to take care of each other. The old pack is now gone, and I'm settling into my new pack.

Instead of living in the suburbs like at our previous house, Mum and I have moved to the country. We've got 5 acres of land where we live now, and I get to patrol and run on 1 acre of it. Our house is warm, clean, safe and dry, and I feel just fine. The country is quiet and peaceful, a good place to heal broken hearts and wounded souls. A lot has changed for me, but Mum is constant, and that's all I care about really.

Here I am sitting in our kitchen. My food and water bowl are set inside here, and the kitchen is a good place to hang out at while the humans prepare food, because I get fed scraps and treats. I get bacon and cheese bits in the morning, and apple or other fruit pieces in the evening. I highly recommend dogs to hang out in the kitchen.

This is the living room where the humans watch tv or play games.

My pack now consists of many more members. I've got Mum (Human), Rob (Human), Brucie (Human), Sarah (Human), Dozer (Cat), Snuggles (Cat), and Isus (Cat). Yes, I now live with 3 cats. 3!! can you believe that?? I've never lived with cats before, and this is the first time I have my own cats. I used to visit a cat, that lived with Alice and Dave, but Nanny Lydia taught me to respect her. Living with cats is a challenging thing, especially because they aren't socialized like me. I'll write an entry about them soon.

My photo taken on my 3rd birthday, 27th Nov 08.
This year, my birthday happened to fall on Thanksgiving day itself. I turned 3 this year. This is me on my favorite couch, checking out the front part of the property.

Mum and I at our front door

Everyone says that I should leave my coat out to grow for winter, and they want to see me bushy like an ewok, so Mum won't be grooming me any time soon. I think this will be the first time that I'm going to grow my entire coat out for the whole winter. It will keep me warm while I am roaming my property out here in the country.

Kimi

6 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy 3rd birthday, Kimi!
We agree with you - the kitchen is the best room in the house when food is being prepared!
We love your Christmas collar!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Moco said...

Happy late birthday Kimi. We were thinking about you just the other day. We are glad to hear that you are OK. Sometimes change is not always bad. Remember, you can't change the past only learn from it and move forward.
How cool is it to have an acre to roam and a kitchen to catch goodies? We are looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Finni said...

Hi Kimi,
Happy belated 3rd Birthday! It's good to hear from you again. My mum is letting my fur grow longer this winter too - it's blooming cold here already. You look very Christmassy with that collar! Nice.
Mum says broken hearts mend quicker with lots of Airehugs (but I bet you already know that)
Love
Finni & Nelly
Pee Ess: I've got a sister now.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Stanley said...

Hey, Kimi!

Glad to know that you are okay, man. I've been thinking about you too, and I'm glad that you and your mama have landed somewhere where you can heal. Sounds like you're helping each other out with that and that makes my girl & I smile.

Happy belated birthday, buddy. You are going to be ONE HAIRY DUDE by the end of the winter. My girl is just finishing up my furnishings, and then she won't be grooming me again for at least another 4 months. My fur grows so fast she thought I needed one more good cut before I go au naturale!

Give some healing goober smooches to your mama from Stella & I.

Goober love,
Stanley

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Cassidy said...

I am glad that you and your mum are safe and well.

Big Harry is a walking tumbleweed at the moment too,and we have a foster Dale with us who is even hairier than him!

Nibbles
Cassidy x

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Hey Kimi! Glad you're back. Happy Belated 3rd Barkday! I hope your Mum & you are doing well in your new home. It's so fun to have a huge back garden huh? Hope to hear more form you.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home