Friday, February 10, 2006

A Walk Around Our Neighbourhood


I walk around my neighbourhood very often, and I never get sick of it. There are so many new things to see, I find something new to explore every time we go out. Like I mentioned in a previous posting, there are loud noises going on all the time around here. Even at home, we don't escape the noise, but mum is so used to it, it doesn't bother her anymore. I'm also getting used to it, maybe that's why when I walk around, and those giant cement trucks go by, I am totally unfazed. Loud nail guns don't bother me, heavy vehicles don't bother me too. I'm the king of the world!!

Its good that a puppy like me is exposed to many sights, sounds, strangers and smells at such a young age. In our future house which is being built now, the neighbourhood is also being developed and these construction sounds will be there too. Mum says if I get used to it now, then the move next month is going to be easy for me, no major change in environment because the sights, sounds and smells will be exactly the same. She says its good for me anyway, because it'll help me to be a fearless and stable dog in future. So that I can make daddy and mummy proud. I don't intend to let them down for sure. I have to live up to my name as being an extraodinary Airedale.

As you can probably tell, my neighbourhood is hilly, and all the houses are built on slopes and walking here is windy too. I like to watch the workers carry heavy things around, and I like to hear the men talk to each other and see them work. It is so lively here.

The highlands is a beautiful place to live in, because we're surrounded by scenic mountains.

Can you spot me in this picture? I'm taking a dump.

As we were walking along the street, along came this huge green truck that stopped at every home, tossing some bins over its back. Mum said "Oh good, its the garbage truck, good for Kimi boy to look and listen". I thought, wow this must be something exciting for mum to get so excited, but as the truck pulled near to me, I found there was absolutely nothing to get so excited or happy about. I said, "mum, its only a truck, no big deal". But the good thing was mum gave me a nice treat when the garbage truck left. And then we walked home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home