Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Getting to Know You

We spent the weekend getting to know one another. Rummy, Koa and I. We romped around in the front yard, back yard and inside the house. Everyone was busy toilet training Rummy Cub. Rob found Koa's old puppy crate, and we used that to contain Rummy at night, or when he needed to take naps during the day. The crate gives him a den-like feeling, a sanctuary to call his own, a warm safe place to hide and rest from the overwhelming stimulation of the world.
Here's Rummy getting acquainted with the crate.
Instinctively, Koa and I knew that the crate was out of bounds to us, we sniffed it and gave Rummy his space whenever he went into it. Rummy likes his crate now, he would go into it to take naps on his own. It is in the family room, so he's still in the middle of family life, and the mesh allows him to see what is going on, and just to observe the world from his safe zone.
On the first day he came to us, we gave him his very own pig ear to chew on. It was bigger than his head, and he needed to spend a lot of time just gnawing on it. He seemed to love his pig ear. Koa and I both had our own, so we all just laid around in the family room, chewing on our pig ears. It kept us entertained for a good few hours.
When we got bored, we went out to the back, where there was a pool and jacuzzi. I led my brother Rummy around, showed him where everything was, and where to pee and poop. There wasn't any gate or fence around the pool but Rummy wasn't scared. He followed my lead and stayed calm as we played around the pool.
Koa watches over his backyard, while Rummy explores, and he makes sure Rummy doesn't tear up anything or get himself into mischief. With 2 big brothers around and 2 humans to watch Rummy, it is hard for him to get into trouble without getting corrected.
"Hmm... what can I explore next? I'm curious about everything. My little world is expanding, and my universe is getting larger by the minute. So many changes, so many new scents and things to experience. So much stimuli to understand and absorb." says Rummy.
Big brother and little brother.
Rummy, "Hi, I'm sitting by my brother Kimi at the pool. We're just sniffing the air, and watching the world go by."
Kimi watches over Rummy as he explores the boundaries of the jacuzzi and pool.
Hi Mum, I'm doing my best being the good brother that I am. Rummy is a good boy, he hasn't been too much to handle. We chose well Mum.
Kimi and Koa watching over Rummy by the pool area
Hmmmmm..... that's my reflection in the water.. strange
Kimi almost 4 years old

Rummy 10 weeks old
I've got to keep an eye on this fella, what's he up to now?

Rummy observing Kimi in the family room, chewing on his pig ear... "ahh, that's how they do it, just chew and chomp". Says Rummy.

When will I get my own pig ear?
Rummy says "Thank you for allowing me to join your pack, I'm as happy as can be, and I couldn't ask for better."

Hugs,
Kimi and Rummy

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

You are just adorable, Rummy! Kimi and Koa are doing a great job looking after you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Wow Rummy is just the cutest. Sounds like everything is going very well Kimi and everydog is getting along.

tailwags
Noah

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Kimi Wagner said...

Hi Friends,

Yes, Koa, Rummy and I get along amazingly well. But maybe that's normal? My friend Bailey (a retriever mix) didn't really like his new puppy pack member, Bailey just ignored Finnigan for a long while when Finni first came to his house. Maybe this was a good match because we met each other beforehand.

Hugs,
Kimi

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Tosca the Lakeland Terrier said...

You guys take the cutest puppy pictures ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home