Friday, September 04, 2009

Blackberries in Summer

Rob and Mum are teaching me to eat blackberries off from the shrubs on our property. They started by plucking the fruit off and feeding them to me while I watch, so I learn how good they taste and how fragrant and sweet they are.
Hmm..... will the thorns bite me? I hate stepping near the blackberry plants because they have thorns on the branches. Rob holds the branch gingerly for me, while I very tenderly use my incisors to carefully bite off a dark blackberry.
Now Mum holds the branch for me, while I learn how to bite off the fruit without getting pricked. I get it quickly, because I love the taste of blackberries. Yummy fruit.
Spending some moments, eating off fruit from the branches on my own, without help from Rob or Mum.
Living in the moment, eating off from mother nature makes me feel very content and happy.
I've learnt that the red berries are not ripe or ready, and I should eat only black ones. The black ones smell richer and sweeter, and I only eat those ones.
Mum feeds me blackberries in a bunch. Yummy. This is the first time I've learned how to eat blackberries off a shrub on my own, and I'm turning 4. A dog is an opportunistic animal, I stay true to my nature, and never pass up a chance to eat something nice.
Thank you Mummy. Lick. Lick.

These little treats are great. I shall never forget to eat them when I am playing in the yard.

Hugs,
Kimi

4 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger The Airechicks said...

Kimi:

You are so smart and very handsome!!!

Those berries look delish!!!!

Enjoy and don't forget to brush your teeth!!!!

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!!

XXXooXXoooXXxoo

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

We found blackberry bushes on Nantucket, Kimi, and dad let us try a couple. I wouldn't eat them but Mitch loved them!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Moco said...

Blackberries are the best. Don't get those seeds stuck in your teeth.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Nelly said...

Clever Kimi!
One of Mum's earlier dogs used to eat raspberries of the bush when she was pregnant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home