Friday, September 04, 2009

I'm going to have a Brother!!

Finally the news I've been waiting for. It has been such a long time coming. My human Mum has decided that it is time for me to have a brother!! My very own kin, my very own sibling.

This Thanksgiving, I will turn 4 years old. And Mum didn't want to wait too long to add another dog into our pack. She didn't want me to be too old, and not be a good play buddy. She said I was just the right age, and now that we've got land, this is a good time to have a baby brother. Mum told me she's got her own personal reasons for wanting a baby brother, but she said she wouldn't love me any less, and that I'm still her favorite first born.
This is Bill, Bill is the sire of my baby brother. He is now already a Champion show dog, and I hear that he's a really sweet boy, very loving and gentle.

CH. Blackheath's Foxxi Roxxi

So in actuality, my new baby brother is genetically, my nephew. His dam is really my very own littermate sister, Roxxi. I was in Sacramento this past April to support Roxxi and Ruffian at the Sacramento dog show, and isn't she a beauty?

Roxxi gave birth on Aug 2nd 2009 to 7 puppies, 5 boys and 2 girls. One of those precious baby boys is going to be my brother.
I don't know which one of the baby boys is going to join our pack, but I will love him and welcome him with both paws open.
Aren't the pups cute? It brings back memories of my own childhood, where I was growing up in Paso Robles CA for the first 8 weeks of my life. My human Mum says she can barely remember the days when I was this teeny weeny pup, but she did remember not sleeping through the night for the first whole month she was potty training me.
How time has flown by. The pups are now 4 weeks old, and very soon, they'll be old enough to go home with their human forever families. I hope all of them will find happy homes where they'll lead blissful contented lives, just like I have.
The pups have been weaned, and now are learning to eat their own baby food. I know it looks yucky, but I'm quite certain that mush tastes super delicious.
Baby brother, we haven't got a name for you yet, but Mum has been telling me all about you everyday. She's tenderly telling me that you're going to join our pack soon, and I'm going to be a great brother for you. I love practically all kinds of dogs, but I'm not sure about cats, and I'm going to teach you everything I know about living in our world.
Here is Roxxi (the dam) and her puppies.
One of those pups is going to be my very own chew toy, and I'm going to have a blast of a time, rough housing, face biting, chasing, chewing on, playing with, eating with, pooping with, and sleeping with.

Thank you Mum for giving me a baby brother. I'm going to be very good to him. I promise.

Hugs,
Kimi

2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

How very exciting for you, Kimi! We can't wait to see you and your new brother together!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger In the Life Me said...

I thought you were going to get a giant schnauzer i didn't spell that right but you know what I mean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home