Thursday, October 08, 2009

Here is Mr Blue, My Baby Brother

Here is the latest update, Mr Blue is going to join our pack. He was the biggest little fellow who was so interested in me, sniffing my butt and following me everywhere I went, even though some of the other puppies had already lost interest in me.
This is Roxxi.
She is my full littermate. This picture was taken when she was just about to give birth. Look at her gigantic belly, who could imagine 7 little babies in her tummy? She is really such a good mother to her puppies. Job well done Roxxi.
When my brother Mr Blue was little, he looked just like a little rat. I guess, we all did, when we were little. I was very much the same way too when I was just born. Blue is the biggest boy in his litter, and coincidentally, when I was little, I was also the biggest boy in my litter.
Here is my baby brother, Blue laying in the whelping box with his littermates. They all look so cute.

Baby Blue snuggles up to mama to keep warm
Little puppies learning to climb out of the whelping box.
Baby Blue at a tender age of a few weeks. He's a furry little monster.
Because my baby brother is the biggest of the litter, his head and his paws are also the largest. Everything about this baby comes in a bigger package. That's him in the photo, right smack in the middle, with Nancy in the background. They were trying to take a group shot. That's tough when you try to get 7 puppies to keep still.
Dreamy Blueberry
That's Rob carrying Blue, presenting him to me when I first went to meet the puppies. We keep calling him baby blue now, because we haven't decided on a name for him just yet.

Blue's formal name is Hat Trick's Amazing Journey

His entry into our lives comes at a very poignant time. Mum has just transitioned painfully from another path on her journey, and he is here to remind her that she's had an amazing old journey thus far, but he is a stepping stone, a new beacon leading us into the next phase of her new journey, and it will be just as amazing, if not more.

That's Blue, sniffing endlessly at my butt and hind quarters. He showed an immense curiosity about me, and I wonder if I'll be able to keep him entertained for the years to come.

"Dear Blue, Mum and I are bound to you now and forever, our lives will be entwined happily together, and nothing will ever tear us apart. Mum and I will do our best to fulfill all your canine needs, provide you with endless toys, raw food, bike rides, games, hugs and love, but make no mistake, Mum can be a tough alpha and she will lay down the law. She may be firm, but she is also kind, generous, forgiving and lovable. Dog friends can come and go, hiking trips will come and pass, things of this earth are all transient, but our 3 souls are destined to be together."
Blue. He was still interested in my butt after a long time since first meeting me. At the time these photos were taken, we had no idea who was coming home with us, but I'm glad its going to be Blue. As for who will be the dominant dog in our pack, I think I'll hold that title for now. I'll show him the ropes, and teach him what's acceptable and what's not, and then if the day comes, and he thinks he can be more dominant than me, than so be it, but for now, I'm not going anywhere down the ranks.

Stay tuned to our adventures and escapades. Who knows what's going to happen next.

Hugs,
Kimi

5 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Tosca the Lakeland Terrier said...

I'm so excited you've found a brother! You're going to be a great role model.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger The Airechicks said...

Congrats Blue:

You have become the newest member of a very nice pack.

Kimi will be a tough but loving big brother - and your new Mum; well lets just say she all business, fun & BIG love all rolled into a small but dynamo package - oh and let's not forget Rob - he's going to be the rough & tumble side - he likes to play and he'll guide you & Kimi - just wait to till you see what some of your new adventures will be...

Best wishes Kimi - you & your Mum's life's are forever changed & change can be GOOD!!! A great big new adventure!

XXoooXxoooXXXooo

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations to all of you! We'll be right here to watch you grow and turn into a beautiful boy, just like your handsome brother, Kimi, Mr. Blue!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

You're going to be an awesome big brother Kimi. Mr Blue is very lucky.

tailwags
Noah x

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Moco said...

This is very exciting. We are wishing all of you the best on this new leg of your life journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home