Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rummy Climbing the Stairs

The first day he came home to Koa's house, we were all amazed at Rummy's fearlessness. This was really the first time this puppy had seen or attempted a real flight of stairs, and who would have imagined that he'd just come straight up? I had come up the stairs to fetch a toy, and then when I turned, I saw Rummy following me up, he did not flinch, or even show a moment's hesitation. He just followed me straight up. One thing particular about this puppy, he just loves to follow me around. Whatever it was that I did, this puppy would want to be right next to me. Strange huh?

Rummy attempting the stairs for the first time, while I watched over him, and his clumsiness.
While I was at the top of the stairs, Koa was at the bottom, together with Mum, watching the puppy. He climbed right to the top, and then turned and walked back down the stairs. He was more unsure about going down the stairs, but he did really good for a first timer. After a few more tries, he was going at the stairs like it was a natural thing for him. What a trooper!
Koa and I watched over Rummy pup closely, to give him support and guidance. He was watching me and emulating me while I climbed up and down the stairs. What a brave Rummy Cub.
Rummy sniffing my butt while I stood at the top of the stairs. He just loves my butt. I think he is absorbing my scent and attaching himself to me, as he remembers my scent.
Hello baby brother Rummy
At such a young age, but already conquering stairs without fear. This is going to be a smart cookie of a pup.

Hugs,
Kimi

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

What a smart pup you are, Rummy, and what good helpers you have looking after you!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home