Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reunion with Littermate Eddie

One most special event happened during my visit down to California. Unexpectedly, Mum bumped into Junko at the Sacramento Dog Show. Junko turns out to be Eddie's mum. And Eddie is my littermate, my full blooded brother. We were conceived from the same womb, and were raised together in breeder Terry's kitchen until we split at 8 weeks of age to our forever homes.

Who would have thought that destiny would let our paths cross again? It was marvelous seeing my brother Eddie again. We met at his house, and instantly, we showed a keen attraction to each other, wagging our tails and sniffing each other's butts. We were so thrilled to see each other again, the humans weren't really our focus anymore. We gave each other lots of love and started playing together.


After the short introduction, the humans needed lunch, and so we headed to an outdoor cafe in Sacto, and while the humans ate, Eddie and I had to lay down patiently for them to finish. I was starving then, because I hadn't eaten the previous evening, so I was really drooling and wishing I had some food too.
Some people walked by and commented that we were good looking Airedales. And so well behaved too. I didn't get up from my down-stay, but I think Eddie broke his when his Mum went to order food. He is like me, we are mama-boys.
After lunch, we went on a long long walk, 3 miles to the river. There was this levy along the Sacramento River, and Eddie said he was going to teach me how to swim.
Hiking toward the river
My brother Eddie

I look on at Eddie, who is checking out the temperature of the water.

Eddie swims to the far deep sides of the river to play fetch, and I watch carefully and try to soak my legs in the water. I normally don't go any deeper than my throat and chest, but today, I think I will try out my water legs.
Eddie is a superb swimmer, even with the current, he is swimming so well.
Mum, Junko and Eddie's dad Austin are urging me to go into the water to get the stick from Eddie. I'm scared but I'm trying. "Hey Eddie, you're doing such a good job swimming! I want to swim like you too."
My first swim in a river, I paddle my feet and get the hang of it.
Mum and Eddie's parents are cheering like mad.

Half wet brothers
Let's share the stick Eddie
Mum throws the stick for us this time
After the tiring hike, we go back to Eddie's home to dry off. We play catch, bitey face and we had a lot of fun just being in each other's presence. I am sure this won't be the last time I meet my brother Eddie. Seeing him lead a good happy and fulfilling life fills me and my Mum with so much joy and happiness. I hope I see Eddie again soon.

We look almost identical don't you think? There are just a few slight differences. My leg furnishings are thicker than Eddie's, but his is richer in color because his legs have been stripped, while mine has been scissored. Mum has resolved to strip my legs from now on, to try to regain the rich color again.

Dear Eddie, if you and your parents are driving through Washington state, you must come and visit me ok? You live so far away, I wonder when we'll ever get to play together again.

Hugs,
Kimi

3 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

How nice that you got to play with Eddie, Kimi! I wonder if I would recognize any of my littermates! It's been almost 11 years!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

That is so cool Kimi. Most of my litter mates went on plane rides to far away states, so I guess I will just be happy to hear of your good fortune reconnecting with Eddie.
AireKisses, BabyRocketDog

Nice reunion story.Maybe my momma will let me visit my pooche mom & dad this summer up Eastern Washington.
WelshieHugs,Hootie

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What fun!! Lilly plans to visit our (Piper and Lilly) daughter, Maddie, in May. They have an appointment for Mommy/Daughter grooming.

Have a terrific Tuesday.
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

 

Post a Comment

<< Home