Friday, July 28, 2006

Killing My First Prey

This past month, Mum has been crazily busy, and has been slacking in updating my blog. Her schedule has been packed full with action, with guests coming from overseas, and Dad being away (i.e. leaving her all the housechores) and also attending her grooming course at the academy. But I nagged her into action, so here goes...
While our guests were staying at our home, I made it a point to impress everybody with my hunting skills. With no formal training, no less. On one sunny Sunday morning, Mum found me acting kinda strange in the backyard, I was on a 'down' with a little furry creature in front of me. It didn't move. As our backyard is filled with wood chips, the furry creature was well camouflaged, but Mum saw that I wouldn't budge. So she came nearer, and wow, what a response!! She put her hands over her mouth to stifle a yell, and told Daddy to come out immediately. She jumped into the house to fetch the camera, and Dad came back out with a plastic rubbish bag. And lo and behold, it was a dead baby rabbit. Mum thought it was a rat and was so disgusted, but when they saw that I had killed my first bunny, I think Mum was secretly proud of me.
Of all the houses, why did that poor little rabbit wander into the backward that belongs to an Airedale terror like me? That question may bug me till eternity. Poor little fella. I suffer from the ocassional amnesia, so I really couldn't remember when I had killed it, must have been one of those evenings when Mum let me play out in the yard by myself. But what a kill for a first time hunting experience!! (well, ok not much of a hunting experience since it was in my backyard)
Other than that exciting news to report, I also headed down to Seattle downtown to bring my guests around. We went to the usual hotspots, Pike Place Market, the Experience Music Project, etc. It was ok, seeing all the crowds was nice, and I quite enjoyed myself, thank you very much.

9 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Bogart H. Devil said...

I'm proud of you too Kimi - good to see you back!! I missed my fellow Airedale's adventures...

Love,
Bogart
www.toaireisdivine.com

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Buck Angel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hello! I loved looking at your blog. Will you be blogging again?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Bogart H. Devil said...

Kimi come back! We miss you!!!

Love,
Bogart

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Hey Kimi,

I have enjoyed reading about your adventures & hope there are some updates soon. Sounds like you're keeping up the good Airedale name!

Love Oscar, your English cousin.

X

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Gosh but you're a cute little girl. I'd love to read more of your adventures. Please post soon.
TIA

Maggie

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Buck Angel said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS KIMI! We all hope you're well and that you come back to blogging sometime!

Love,
Bogart

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Sheila Wagner said...

Dear Fans and Friends,

This is Kimi reporting back from outer space. My Mum has been unable to update my blog because somehow, our photos can't be inserted into any more postings. Also, now that she tried again, Google seems to have erased my blog and she can no longer update this blog. Either she creates a new blog, or a new website for me. Stay tuned. In the meantime, here is our Flickr website.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/taywagner/

Cheers,
Kimi

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Mississauga Kids said...

Miss Ellie in Canada would like Kimi to know that she enjoys fishing at the cottage. She will stand quietly in the lake and wait for the little fishies to come close to her and then she pounces! She has not yet caught anything. But it keeps her entertained.

She has also seen baby bunnies in the back yard and howled at the patio door to get at them but I always chase the away before I open the door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home