Friday, January 27, 2006

Day 4 - The Healing Crisis

I'm fairly sick today. I've been spending a lot of time in bed sleeping and resting, both in the crate bed and at my bedroom bed. I haven't had much energy to do anything else, except to eat, pee and poop. I don't even feel like playing or biting mum's toes and fingers.

I know at some point in time in the afternoon, mum headed to the post office and then to a special pet shop to buy me turkey necks. And all this while I was napping and feeling so groggy in the hand carrier bag. Some people saw me and commented that I'm so cute, and what a life to be a puppy. But I was sick, of course mum has to take care of me all the hours of the day and night. She even slept on the floor next to my doggie bed to monitor me throughout the night, because I had to wake up every hour to poo. Oh, its so hard on me. Oh yes, poor mummy too.
Mum says during the healing crisis, this is normal.
  1. Lethargy
  2. Sleepiness
  3. Nausea
  4. Diarrhea and runny stools
  5. Disinterest in toys or playing
  6. Overall sickliness

The following pics are examples of my runny stools. Its only a tiny amount but extremely watery and soft. There isn't much odour either, and mum says this will pass shortly.

In the middle of the night, when I need to go poo, I will stand up on the side of my bed, and whimper a little. I want to let mum know its time to go downstairs again. She always wakes up and takes me down. She says I've been such a good boy because I stay in my own bagel bed and not wander around the room. Sometimes I can't get to sleep and I toss and turn in my bed in the middle of the night, making tiny whimpering noises because my stomach aches. Mummy soothes me and loves me and takes me down to pee and poo and she strokes me back to sleep. I love my mummy so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home