Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Tricky Business of Cats

I did not have any cats when I was very young as a pup. But now that I'm 3.5 years of age, and I'm living with new people in the country, I've got 3 cats as my housemates. I've got to get used to them. In the beginning, I didn't know them, and I wanted to charge at them whenever I saw them.
I didn't want to eat them, or hurt them, but I wanted to get to know them, at first I thought, what strange dogs, so anti-social of them to stay away. But Mum and Rob made sure I didn't ever get too close to them. They'd say, "No Kitty" as a command to stay away from them.
Now we've been living together for 6 months, and I'm getting used to having them around. They'd walk to and fro in front of me, and I've learnt to stay on a down, and it kept them calm. They are not very sociable cats to begin with, and I'm the first dog they've ever seen in their whole lives. No wonder, they keep to themselves a lot.
That's Dozer over there. He is the most adventurous of the 3 black cats. They are all black with amber colored eyes. Once, he was on the couch by the window sill, and I didn't see him. When I did see him, we scared each other and he scratched my nose when I got too close to him. Ever since then, I've been more respectful of the cats, but they are still scared of me.
The other cat next to Dozer is Snuggles. He has a single white whisker coming out the left side of his face. He is less hairy than Dozer, but supposedly more clever. We're all getting used to seeing each other now and they actually spend time out in the living room more and more. Its a good thing I do not have a strong prey drive.

I think other airedales like Dave and Alice would have killed them. I'm not really interested in killing anything.. Yet.

Hugs,
Kimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home