Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Torn Paw Pad

If you look closely at the front left foot, you'll see that my paw is wrapped with vet wrap.
I've been out of commission because my paw pad got torn up at my recent clamming expedition. My mum cleaned out my wound, put antiseptic on it, and then superglued my paw after it tore open again and refused to close. But guess what? As crude as it may seem, the superglue worked.

I didn't know it, but Mum got these rubber soled booties from Ruffwear, and she put them on me. I refused to move and just lay there.
Mum, you can't be serious about me wearing these booties out into public? We're going clamming again?? Mum said that she won't allow me on the beach shore without the booties because the rocky shore is filled with razor sharp shells of all sorts of sea creatures. Oysters, Clams, Geoducks, you name it, we've got it.
So I stood up, and tried to get used to these odd things on my feet. They have thick rubber soles, and a thin mesh at the top, just perfect for the rocky beach. I looked at my feet and just stood there, not moving. After a while, Mum and Rob started loading the car with the usual tools needed for clamming and I didn't want to be left at home, so I motivated myself to get out.
Hi Mum, I walked all the way out to the front porch on my boots. Do I look like a fool?
If it weren't for the razor sharp barnacles and shells, I wouldn't need to wear these things.
Taking my odd steps. I walked like a strange duck or something. You could say I looked like a marching Russian soldier.
Rob said I looked cool, so I tried to believe it. It didn't take long to get to Penrose Pt for clamming again. A lot of people looked at me, and said "hey, look, a dog wearing shoes!". I will be honest and admit I felt a bit shy and I knew people were giving me amused looks, but I tried to ignore them.

But these booties sure helped to keep my paws from being torn open again.

Hugs,
Kimi

1 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I guess if it's the only way you can leave the house and have any fun at all, then you have to wear the booties! At least they're blue, Kimi! We hope your feet heal quickly for you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home