Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rummy and His 1st Snake

Rummy caught himself a garden snake today. His very first one. The weather was nice and sunny and the snake must have wanted to enjoy the sunshine as much as we did.

Rummy's 1st Snake

The poor snake must have never have expected that the furry Airedale would be able to catch it weaving in and out of the grass. Who would have thought?
That's the snake laying dead by his right leg. See Rummy's smile? He was very happy and proud of himself with his catch of the day.

Having a good old sniff

Rummy didn't seem to want to eat the reptile, he simply wanted to catch it for fun. None of us saw him kill it, but he took it with him and laid by it on the front porch. Good thing he didn't sneak it into the house, because Mum would have had a heart attack.
That's me, I decided to get up close to investigate what it was. I've never caught any snakes in our yard before. Rummy has a much stronger prey drive than I do.

Brothers with the snake

A closer shot of the dead snake

Rummy

The weather was really perfect today. Rummy munches on a twig as he enjoys the sunshine.

The weather was pretty good too, for a game of tug. 

And playbiting...
Me and Rummy (right)

black and tan

See my brother showing off his scary canine fangs?

Rummy and the teddy toy. It was my favorite puppy toy, it is a blue bunny soft toy.

Rummy chomping on a twig

Me and Rummy (right) sharing the twig

Me

Rummy

Rummy (left) and I

Rummy is only 8 months old now, but as you can see, he is fast growing, and he is almost the same size as I, and I am turning 5 this Thanksgiving.  How time flies. I can barely remember the time when I was his age, I was also very rambunctious and fun. Now, I have mellowed out a lot, and I am calmer and more self assured. Age and maturity has made me who I am today, and I feel happy and content. 

Hugs,
Kimi

5 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

Gosh thank goodness that snake wasnt poisoness.
We love the photos of bitey face. They're awesome!

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Good boy, Rummy! A dead snake is the best kind mom always says! She HATES snakes!
You boys take the most awesome pictures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Finni said...

Well done Rummy! Nelly also has a VERY strong prey drive and has to stay on the lead on walks at the moment 'cuz she takes ages to come to Mum.
You are two handsome boys!
Headrubs and Nibbles
Finni & Nelly xx

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger julee said...

Gorjjjjuuuuusss dales!
Having fun reading your blog.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger The Airechicks said...

WOW - Rummy is a good protector - no snakes at our house....

Mum puts them into the relocation program - she flings them over the back fence into the storm ditch.

GREAT pics of you boys playing...

XXooXXooXXooXXoo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home